House-cured meat and handmade pasta, a three-course American menu where French techniques shine and a seasonally inspired eight-course tasting menu are among the offerings from the nominees for one of the culinary world’s highest honors — the James Beard Awards.
The James Beard Foundation announced the finalists for the 2023 Restaurant and Chef Awards on Wednesday in Nashville. The winners in the restaurant and chef categories will be revealed on June 5 during a ceremony at the Lyric Opera in Chicago.
Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific (AK, HI, OR, WA)
* Joshua Dorcak, MÄS, Ashland, OR
- Vince Nguyen, Berlu, Portland, OR
- Thomas Pisha-Duffly, Gado Gado, Portland, OR
- Beau Schooler, In Bocca Al Lupo, Juneau, AK
- Aaron Verzosa, Archipelago, Seattle, WA